Manfrotto has announced the launch of its Digital Director App V2.1. The new version is now compatible with the iPad Pro 12,9” and the iPad mini 4. There are also some new accessories available for the Digital Director which include a semi-rigid case, sunhood and frames. For more information read Manfrotto’s official press release below:
Digital Director App V. 2.1, new Digital Director iPad compatibility and new accessories
Manfrotto, the leading global innovator and manufacturer of premium photo, video and lighting support products and accessories, announces the launch of Digital Director App V 2.1, new Digital Director models compatible with iPad Pro 12,9“ and iPad mini 4 – and new accessories including a new semi-rigid case, sunhood and frames.
Originally launched in 2015, Digital Director won Videomaker’s Best of NAB 2015 and was recently awarded the prestigious Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016.
Digital Director is the only Apple certified (MFi – Made for iPad Certification) electronic device that connects your camera and iPad for easier, more effective image making. Just tap the iPad screen to set up and control your camera, shoot, check, edit, share and manage your pictures. Digital Director ensures a reliable USB cabled connection between the camera and iPad, and its free dedicated App allows shoot monitoring and camera setting control. It is compatible with select Canon and Nikon DSLRs and iPad Pro 12,9”, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 2.
Capturing, editing and sharing all your moments has never been so easy: it’s all just a touch away on your iPad!
The new Digital Director App V. 2.1 is available in the App store now and brings exciting new features and improvements, including:
Camera and shoot set up:
· Quick and easy Intervalometer + time-lapse set up
· Depth of field preview in photo mode for Canon DSLR
· New, high-precision control step focus
· Optional continuous auto-play displaying full screen pictures as they are shot
· Simplified workflow
Album and picture management:
· Keyword assignment
· Pictures are easily moved to other albums
Edit with history option manages previous edits on images post produced in Digital Director
· Faster Gallery access
· More sharing options: via social networks, using installed apps, via Wi-Fi web server straight to computer
· Manfrotto Digital Director Plug-in for Adobe Lightroom desktop imports Digital Director metadata into Adobe Lightroom for desktop
· Optional download of RAW images for sharing via Wi-Fi web server, e-mail and FTP
· Optional picture resizing when sharing
· Improved FTP configuration with subfolder option
The updated compatibility for iPad models is as follows:
· Digital Director for iPad Air 2 £249.95
· Digital Director for iPad mini 2 £249.95
· Digital Director for iPad mini 3 £249.95
· Digital Director for iPad mini 4 £249.95
· Digital Director for iPad Pro £249.95
In addition to the updated app and new compatibility, a range of new accessories will also be available:
· A new semi- rigid case designed to organize and carry Digital Director for iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 2. RRP £49.95
· A Sunhood, designed to protect the iPad screen from direct sunlight. Compatible for Digital Director for iPad mini 4, mini 3 and mini 2. RRP £24.95
· Separate frames for the iPad Air, Air 2, mini 2, 3 and 4, and iPad Pro 12.9”. This allows you to easily swap the frames to accommodate different iPad sizes with one Digital Director unit.
For more information please visit the official Manfrotto website.