Phottix has launched the Indra 500TTL studio flash, which can be run off either mains of battery power. Offering a power 500Ws output, eight power levels and wireless flash triggering, the smart-looking units could prove a hit with both enthusiast and amateur users. For more details, take a look at the official press release below from UK distributors Intro2020:
Indra 500 TTL: Introducing the new Portable Battery or Mains Studio Flash from Phottix
The new Phottix Indra 500 TTL is a 500 Watt TTL portable Studio Flash Light featuring High Speed Sync. Under the hood is the ultimate in control, thanks to the built-in, award-winning Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Canon and Nikon. The Indra500 TTL is the perfect way to unleash your creativity. Use TTL to shoot fast moving events like weddings, shoot on-location, control ambient light with high speed sync and shoot wide-open with shutter speeds up to 1/8000s.
The Indra 500 TTL offers 8 stops of power adjustment - from full power to 1/128 - perfect for overcoming midday sun or adding just a hint of light when shooting with large apertures. TTL exposures can be adjusted in +/- 3 EV levels.
Using a Li-ion Battery Pack the Phottix Indra is the perfect on-location light with recharge times of 2 seconds and 360 full-power flashes (High-Speed Mode) when fully charged. It’s small but extremely powerful. In the studio the Phottix Indra can be used with an AC adapter and can fully recharge in 1 second. The Indra500 packs a lot of power and control into a compact and versatile studio light.
The Indra 500 is available as 3 different options, as follows:
Indra 500 TTL Head only. Suggested retail price £699.99
Indra 500 TTL Studio Light with AC Adapter Kit. Suggested retail price £929.99
Indra 500 TTL Studio Light with rechargeable Battery Pack. Suggested retail price £999.99
Features / Tech Spec of studio light
• 500Ws Studio Light with LED Modelling Light
• TTL Auto, Manual and Stroboscopic (1-100Hz) Modes
• High Speed Sync – 1/8000s shutter speeds, Second Curtain Sync
• Manual Power 1/128 to Full Power in 1/3 Stop increments
• 4-Channel Wireless Radio Control with Phottix Odin and Mitros+ systems
• Phottix Odin for Canon and Nikon Receivers Built in, Phottix Strato II Receiver Built in
• Large TFT LCD display, 3.5mm Sync Port and USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
• Weight: 2.1kg, Dimensions: 267mm L x 140mm Dia x 190mm H
• Battery or Mains Powered (400 full-power shots using 5Ah Indra Battery Pack, 0.1s to 2s recycle times)
For more details on the range, visit the Phottix website